Monday, July 22, 2013

Novena to Saint Anthony - 9 hours or nine days

A nine day novena started today

July 22\/
July 23\/
July24\/
July25
July26
July27
July28
July29
July30

  • Before beginning this Novena, first read it to understand what you will be saying.  Then consider carefully tthe specific words that you will be using make your special request or to state your intention.
  • You may, to make the experience more enriching, pray on your knees, or, you may prostrate yourself (lay face down) on the floor.
  • St. Anthony is universally known for coming to the assistance of those who have lost something.(be it, keys, documents, loved ones.)

NOVENA TO ST. ANTHONY

(pray for 9 days or 9 hours straight)
St. Anthony, perfect imitator of Jesus, who received from God the special power of restoring lost things, grant that I may find (state your specific request or intention here!) which has been lost. At least restore to me peace and tranquillity of mind, the loss of which has afflicted me even more than my material loss. To this favor I ask another of you: that I may always remain in possession of the true good that is God. Let me rather lose all things than lose God, my supreme good. Let me never suffer the loss of my greatest treasure, eternal life with God. Amen.

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.