Friday, April 26, 2013

Prayers Please

I got a phone call from a Credit Counsellor ( read collection agency) looking for someone of whom I have never heard.  I told them she doesn't live here and that I am not she. I actually pay my bills on time.  and have never gotten anything negative regarding any of my accounts. (credit, household utilities etc)

Please pray for two things: If a clerical error: they discover and correct it soon, and two: the person for whom they are searching gets the help she needs for her debt..

I think I'll pray to Saint Expiditus on this one, though Saint Matthew is also good one to put in charge of this. Then to be wrongly accused??? Saint Domenic Savio maybe?

Sometimes I think God sends us these foibles to test us.  To whom will we turn?  With what will we trust Him?

I know: In Italian there is a saying/prayer: Saint Anthony, you who performs 13 miracles a day, help the world and don't forget about me.  So remembering my heritage.
NOVENA TO ST. ANTHONY 
(pray for 9 days or 9 hours straight)

O Holy St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints, your love for God and Charity for His creatures made you worthy, when on earth, to possess miraculous powers. Miracles waited on your word, which you were ever ready to speak for those in trouble or anxiety. Encouraged by this thought, I implore of you to obtain for me (state your specific request or intention here- the clerical error(s) is /are corrected and that the person in question gets help with her debt!)
The answer to my prayer may require a miracle, even so, you are the Saint of Miracles. O gentle and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was ever full of human sympathy, whisper my petition into the ears of the Sweet Infant Jesus, who loved to be folded in your arms, and the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours. Amen.
Say the "Pater Noster", the "Ave Maria" and the "Gloria Patri"
 
The Mother Theresa Emergency (9 minute) Novena
 
In an emergency say the Memorare prayer 9 times in a row.
Remember O most loving Virgin Mary that never was it known in any age that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help or sought your intercession was left unaided, inspired by this confidence, therefore I fly to thee O Virgin of Virgins my Mother, to you do I come, before you I stand sinful and sorrowful, do not O Mother of the Word Incarnate despise my prayers but in thy mercy graciously hear and answer them.
Amen.

No comments:

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.