Monday, April 22, 2013

I'm Wrong again

Geez, the only time I've been right, lately, is when I admit I was wrong. 

Have you ever had one of those days when your wrongness just outweighs your rightness.

Human Beings have an innate need to feel like they are right, or at least, that they're just (as in it is right and just) people.  Most people think they are right most of the time.  I mean who does something they honestly believe is wrong from beginning to end.  Most people find a justification for their actions.  The justification may not be acceptable to anyone else, but to the person it makes perfect logical sense, at the time.  It usually requires some instruction to correct the thinking process, and to realize that one is in the wrong. The initial response of the corrected may be varied: anger, resentment. downright hatred, sore feelings etc etc, you get the gist.  But it is the best thing once the emotions has subsided and one recognizes ones faults and works to amend the behaviours. 

My only warning is NEVER ever tell the corrector that s/he suffers from the same error.
Okay I have two warnings:  Make sure before correcting the brother or sister. that you don't suffer from the same flaw. or at least make sure that you have amended or are working very hard to amend that flaw.

No comments:

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.