Friday, March 15, 2013

God Forgive Me: I Don't Think I am Going to Like Pope Francis

He, Pope Francis, it seems from his supporters, wants to strip down the Vatican. He hasn't automatically rehired the CURIA.  That is telling?? He may be waiting for his installation.  I would prefer his coronation, but I aint going to get he coronation.  But I am going off on a tangent.

He offers a simple mass. Don't get me wrong, I prefer the simple dignified mass. IF the parish is too poor to get Gold in their vestments, use the very best you can afford. But to NOT use the very best that you have, because you shun richness is denying God the best in your offering.

As one take great care to choose the best bread and the best wine to offer in sacrifice and to confect the Body and Blood of our Lord, so too should the same care be taken in choosing the Vestments. The Vestments are an offering to God. It is the priest telling Christ: I stand in your person and therefore I will dress You in the very best that I have, because You deserve the best that I have.

Further, I am sorry this may be long:

Why refuse the Mozetta? To have it and not use it is the waste of money. You shun not only the article but he sympbolism of the article.

He didn't wear the red shoes- symbolising he walks in the blood of the martyrs?  Were they too richly made?

What is he going to do, have cheaper mozettas and mitres and everything made so he feels comfortable, rather than use what he has inherited? Wouldn't that waste more money?

Jesus may have eaten with the tax collectors but he didn't dress like one. He didn't PLAY at being poor, He WAS poor.  The Church ISN'T poor, the pope shouldn't PLAY at being poor. There is being humble and there is playing false.

Joseph and Mary could only afford the offering of pigeons. Do you think they would have offered pigeons if they could have afforded doves?

When the woman poured oil on Jesus and anointed him, It was Judas who said: What a waste, the oil could have been sold and given to the poor. Jesus answered: The poor will be with you always. It is right that she does this.

The rich man and the poor woman: She gave all she had, he gave what he wanted, or what he felt comfortable offering.

Maybe I am wrong. 
Maybe the church shouldn't be this rich, but it is.

Rich people who dress poor and live poor are often accused of slumming. It is a form of lying, isn't it?

I will obey the pope in matters of faith, doctrine, and morals, but if it not a sin to NOT LIKE the pontiff, I don't think I will like him much

But what do I know?

4 comments:

Richard Collins said...

I am trying to keep an open mind on the 'like' front but you are so right regarding his snubbing of the symbols of office. Some are calling it humility but it could just as easily be the reverse.

Vox Cantoris said...

As long as you love him Puff and pray for him; as long as we offer question with charity.

ignorant redneck said...

I will make my decision soon--if he actually walks his talk, and doesn't admit the pro-abortion delegation from the US to communion....well, I'll be his dog.

If he does, he's just showboating.

Puff the Magic Dragon said...

I be obedient and pray for him to discern GOD's will.

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.