Sunday, March 3, 2013

Adopt a Cardinal

Pray for a Cardinal, always but especially during the Conclave


Adopt A Cardinal Titel

Puff the Magic Dragon, you have adopted a Cardinal!


Picture of
Name:William Joseph Levada
Country:USA
Day of birth:1936-6-15
Cardinal since:2006-3-24
Function:Prefect emeritus of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith


I will be praying for the conclave in general and  William Joseph Cardinal Levada in Particular.

If you want a Cardinal go to Adopt a Cardinal. 

Novena to the Holy Spirit

Dearest Holy Spirit, confiding in Your deep, personal love for me, I am making this novena for the following request, if it be Your Holy Will to grant it: that the Cardinals may be full of the Holy Spirit in the election of the new Pope. May the Lord show them what He wants from them.(mention your additional requests).

Teach me, Divine Spirit, to know and seek my last end; grant me the holy fear of God; grant me true contrition and patience. Do not let me fall into sin. Give me an increase of faith, hope and charity, and bring forth in my soul all the virtues proper to my state in life.

Make me a faithful disciple of Jesus and an obedient child of the Church. Give me efficacious grace sufficient to keep the Commandments and to receive the Sacraments worthily.

Give me the four Cardinal Virtues, Your Seven Gifts, Your Twelve Fruits.

Raise me to perfection in the state of life to which You have called me and lead me through a happy death to everlasting life.

I ask this through Christ our Lord, Amen.

(novena to the Holy Spirit obtained from EWTN website)



No comments:

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.