Monday, February 4, 2013

Novena to St.Philip Neri: Expect the WIERD

Please join me in a novena to Saint Philip Neri. Obviously you may pray for whatever intention you wish.  It is, I have been told a very powerful novena, and not to be prayed unless you are prepared for the WEIRD. In that regard you might want to choose something specific.

Apparently he loses nothing of his sense of humour when resolving our problems, so be careful


O holy St. Philip Neri, patron saint of joy, you who trusted Scripture's promise that the Lord is always at hand and that we need not have anxiety about anything, in your compassion heal our worries and sorrows and lift the burdens from our hearts. We come to you as one whose heart swells with abundant love for God and all creation.

Bear us, we pray, especially in this(these) need(s) ("...a happy resolution to my anxiety and a most joyous reunion of  a husband and wife ..."). Keep us safe through your loving intercession, and may the joy of the Holy Spirit which filled your heart, St. Philip, transform our lives and bring us peace. Amen
 
B-T Hillary
 

4 comments:

mary333 said...

I'd love to join you - a weird sense of humor doesn't put me off ;) I saw your last post too and wanted you to know that I am praying for you.

Puff the Magic Dragon said...

Thank you, the more the merrier

Anonymous said...

I'm joining you too (in the novena, that is).
I hope his response isn't too "weird" and that I can bear meeting me "face to face"

Puff the Magic Dragon said...

Aactually his response was absolutely hilarious for my anxiety. But, unfortunately the husband and wife are static now. The husband has given up and the wife has stopped talking, about anything important. The husband knows he's in the wrong, but she won't accept his apology and won't accept that he is trying to make amends. She's learned to not need him, to do everything without him because he w/couldn't help her in the past. and now that he can and wants to be there more she doesn't want him around. She's hurt- he's been a tool, and this is a mess!

I might post his as a blgo entry

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.