Sunday, February 17, 2013

In Fact We Do have a Right to demand a Certain kind of Pope

I have, fortunately or unfortunately- the jury is still out on whether it has been fortuitous or not, been reading some blogs that are either on the topic of who should or shouldn't be Pope or the commboxes have gone that way.  Now a few blog hosts try to put the kabosh on such discussions, especially when the election of the Pope wasn't actually the topic of the original post and that is fair.  But aided from that, I think that every Catholic should be able to have preferences.  The only thing is that whatever  our preferences might be they may or may not coincide with the preference of the Holy Spirit. He, may wish to guide the Cardinals in a totally different direction, for totally different reasons.

That being said, we do have the right to try and influence the Holy Spirit, through prayers, on who our next Pope will be.

Although my prayers usualy just ask for a good Pope who will serve well for our time (All the Popes have had to serve will for their time)  But what kind of Pope would be good for our time and for what is to come. Hmm,

Well in this day and age of catholics not really practicing Catholicism, I would prefer one who practices the faith, and is already a Catholic.  Doesn't necessarily have to be a priest, but one who could become a priest relatively quickly.  I would prefer someone unmarried.  It would be highly unfair to disrupt a family by either uprooting them or forcing them to lose their patris familia.

From whence whould he hail?  Well, I am a little unsure there, but I insist he hail from earth.  Now I know that the Martians and the Andromedans may find this racist, but I must presume that the Church Christ started on earth was for earthlings and was entrusted to earthlings. 

My whole consideration of the possibility that God created intelligent life forms on other planets is the topic for another post, which I either will or won't publish, probably won't because no one would really care to hear my opinion on the matter. But I am digressing so back to the topic at hand.

What else do I demand of my Pope" That he not be just MY pope.  That he be a pope for all the people.  Guide the Practicing Catholics ever onward to hope in heaven. Guide non Cathlics, laapsed Cathlics,  heretics, etc etc, (back) to  the Catholic Church.  Courageous, with an iron constitution and a spiritual fortitude that will serve him well well the wolves circle round. and try to devour the faithful Catholics who are his flock.

Those are my ideas on what makes a Good Pope. 

No comments:

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.