Sunday, January 20, 2013

I went to confession this evening

I went to mass this morning.  I took communion this morning.  This evening I decided to take a walk and it just so happened that I was going to be in time for evening mass so I went in.  I noticed the priest with his purple stole sitting across from an empty chair and though, ah why not.  ( I was still relatively good since my last confession but extra grace never hurts, so I went to confession.  The guitarists were setting up so I said my penance and left. 

And Confession is supposed to make one feel better, that is odd because I feel absolutely horrible after wards.  And you know what the priest was very good and kind and absolutely orthodox about it, and yet I feel absolutely horrible.  I wonder if that was because having taken communion this morning I could take it again in the evening My sacrament felt a little incomplete, I fuess

No comments:

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.