Sunday, October 28, 2012

On Fall Cleaning...... House, Oven, and Soul

Well, I wasn't actually planning on doing the fall cleaning, prep house for winter until next week, but the co-op has pest control coming in, so I decided to move the deep clean up.

I started with the upstairs.  Did the bedrooms, mainly getting rid of clothes that we don't wear or haven't worn in 5 years.  I am not ever getting into that little black dress again. Why is it taking up a coat hanger.  There are also a myriad of broken toys torn books ( Frodo inherited books from his sisters, and some were falling apart before he got them) Anyhoo.  The bedrooms produced 7 large garbage bags of trash.  And 1 bag of clothes for the "Help Yourself Pile" or the Good Will, Saint Vincent de Paul.etc etc

The Tiles in the bathroom are finally clean  and clear of the sopa scum and mildew stains.  (Scrubbing Bubbles really does work better than anything else.)

To make my life easier today, Bear made Sunday dinner. (Roast Stuffed Turkey) mashed potatoes, gravey etc.  Anyway. after dinner I am doing the dishes and the roasting pan is driving me bonkers.  And then it hits me.  I'll just put in the oven and put the oven on a two hours self clean.  Kill two birds with one stone.

I've taken the long way to get to the point of my story.  As I was debating how long a cleaning cycle I should program, I started thinking about how God decides the length of time we get in purgatory.

With the oven.  The dirtier it is or the longer it has gone with cleaning the longer it needs to run in order to clean the oven.  The same can be said of our length of time in purgatory.

The less often I use the oven or the more often I clean it the less time I need to run the clean cycle.

The less I sin (stain my soul) or the more often I seek confession, absolution and gain indulgences, then the less time I will spend in purgatory.

Sometimes God hits me with a two by four, and then there are times He hits me upside the head with a 2 X8.  It's time I put my (soul) oven through a  (confession and absolution )
2 hour cycle before it gets away from me and I need the (purgatory) 4 1/2 hour deep clean.

Peace, and Happy Sunday

No comments:

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.