Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Heard on the Bus: On Husbands and Wives

I am on bus reading A Clash of Kings when I overhear a woman on her cell phone complaining about her husband.

Woman: .........something something wasn't paying attention yet then...  He makes plans to take out his mother, or go out with friends, and he says it's because he doesn't see them often something  ......  I don't mind when he takes his mother out, or goes out with his friends.  .......  It isn't about how often he goes out with them. it's about how he doesn't take me out........... ... Yes, I've taken him to something he likes, but he never makes plans to take me out............He says that he doesn't think about taking me out because he sees me everyday.....Yeah, I know he may be right...... All that means is that he never chooses to spend time with me; I'm the default setting.
At that point she got off the bus.


2 comments:

mary333 said...

"I'm the default setting?" Are you going to hate me if I admit to laughing a bit while reading this?

Puff said...

no, Infact that last line is the only line I am sure I am remembering accurately. the rest is put down as best as I can remember it, and it is paraphrased at best.

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.