Saturday, August 11, 2012

Why is being pro-Canadian so unAmerican

No really, that's my only quandary? 

Canadians, Americans, lend me your opinions.  I come not... Oops that is another oration, sort of.
Very often when I am on a rave about Canada, someone, somewhere in America, will tell me that I am putting down Americans. 

Bear and I went out to the movies last night.  One of the previews was for "Argo," about the American CIA involvement in the Canadian Caper.  Bear and I turned to each other and said, great, just remove all the work the Canadians did in that, and make it 100 percent a CIA operation, which it wasn't.  There was no way it could be. 

Why is saying that it wasn't a total CIA operation and that we would have preferred if everything that the Canadians did to secure the release of the six NOT be ignored in that movie, make me (us) unAmerican?

2 comments:

ignorant redneck said...

Being Pro-Canada, or wanting Canada to get recognition for the things it does is not "America Bashing",any more than being proud of your kid when they play ball on the same team as your neighbors kid is "neighbor bashing"!

Canada and the US are more than neighbors, we spring from the same Mother country, so we are at least half siblings!

Be Proud of being Canadian! There are things Canada does that I couldn't stomach to live under, and there are things the US does that most Canadians couldn't stomach to live under--that's fine, we are separate Nations, with out own ways. I wouldn't want to run my house like my sister does, either!

I love Canada, and I love Canadians, and you folks have quite a lot to be proud of, with accomplishments in war and peace that stand well on the world stage--God Bless Canada!

BTW--Sorry for that fight back in 1812, we never should have done that.

Puff the Magic Dragon said...

Red: Thank you, I wasn't talking about you, you have shown respect for my country often. I was referring to well, others in general, jounalists and movie producers more specifically.

BTW: Like you, there are some things I don't stomach well about Canada, but I still wouldn't live anywhere else, which in my case is the way it should be.

AS for 1812: well, first: Thank you(the nation) for returning our mace. Much appreciated, now if you could convince your military college to return our standard. That would be grand. It is customary to return the standard at the signing of the peace treaty. It is the only standard not returned in history.

But then, we'd have to give back the sliverware and the heavy oaken doors of your first white house.

So maybe not.

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.