Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I got nothing

I find I am slowly drawing away from writing about faith and church.  (Aside: It's odd, but Church and Faith should be the same subject, and yet those two topics are practically mutually exclusive.  Sad, but true)

Any hoo

I am all written out.  The Church is in trouble.  We all know that. People are leaving, it seems, in droves.  Some because they no longer feel safe within the arms of Mother Church.

Others fool themselves and still believe that they are in the church even though they have no inkling that that would require obedience to the tenets of the faith of this said church.

Some leave because the Church is much to strict
Yet others leave because the Church is much to lax

The Church is attacked, granted sometimes the accusations are completely justified.  Sometimes the accusations are blatantly false.  And yet most of the time the accusations lie somewhere between true and false.  I am tired of publically fighting those who would attack her.  There are a few who could better fight.  I have lost the spleen, not to mention the liver for this sort of thing.

So I will tell you about the new series of books I am reading.  It is a children's series called "39 Clues"  The books are short quick and I can usually finish one in less than a day, even with my limited reading time.  There is a website where you can continue searching for, you guessed it the 39 clues.  Apparently the premise is that their are 39 clues that will lead you to that treasure which will make the bearer the most powerful person in the world.
The clues I have read so far include: Iron Solute, tungsten, myrrh, aloe, ( well there are more but I'm not about to list them all.) I've read only 7 of the 11 books.  I hope to stop off at the bookstore today when I go to my mom's and purchase the next one or two vols. and maybe a card package for for use on the website. 

I started an account for Arwen.  She plays online, but she finds the books boring.  Odd, come to think of it the books are rather lame, but hey I guess I like lame

I close with this
PRAY FOR MOTHER CHURCH
READ SOMETHING FOR FUN

No comments:

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.