Sunday, June 3, 2012

With Galadriel's Permission-How her school almost blew up

The \following is chronological account of the reasons for prayer requests below.


Let's start with Thursday.
After taking Arwen to school, and checking on my mom, I get back home


As Bear heads out the door.  He informs me that Galadriel had called saying something about being dismissed from the school trip to the ROM from the ROM and won't be returning to school... rest of the day off.


I didn't catch all of what he said, because well, he was heading out the door when  he said it. 


A few hours later, Galadriel comes home.  


Galadriel:  There was a Gas Leak at school and after they shut off the gas, the odour was so bad, they just sent everyone home. So we got dismissed from the ROM. I later was informed that the kids met their teacher at the evacuation site (Queen's Park) and then proceeded to walk to the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum)

Puff:  Okay ....Now what Bear had mumbled made sense.


That is Thursday.  Gas Leak at school. School was safe, but the odour forced them to cancel school for the day.  Accident, One of those things. etc etc. Read on.


Friday


Arwen has no school, She works on her project (see barumpa post below.)


Around 2:50 Galadriel called.  Her voice a little shaky.


Galadriel: Mom the TV is mine from 5 till whenever.

Puff:  Why?

Galadriel:  I have something to tell you when I get home.

Puff: What?

Galadriel: I want to tell you about it when I get home.

Puff:  Good News or Bad News

Galadriel: Bad news.

Puff: Just tell me, please. I'm getting worried


....

Galadriel: The Gas Leak was intentional.

Puff: Oh Galadriel, come home.  I want my baby girl home.

 Later waiting for the 5 o'clock news. I read a letter, that had been given to the girls to give to their parents or guardians. It was full of:  You may have already heard.... Intentional... allegations made against staff.  Arrested. Please remember that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Yada yada yada.


She fills me in on what happened at school, during last period when the letter was handed out to the students
The teacher had given the class time to read the letter.
The reaction from Galadriel's friend was: I'm confused.
Galadriel asks:  This was intentional?
Teacher nods.
The class is stunned, silent, shocked.

Finally the news started.  The opening story was a flooding at a major subway station.  Then finally the report.

Head Janitor.. arrested... cut gas line.  light the stove ..Facing 6 charges, including attempted murder....  attempted to blow up the school. 

At that last phrase, Galadriel looks like she's been kicked in the gut.  Her entire world is upside down.


Galadriel is always at school early for breakfast club.  (She was early that day too, because she had a school trip to the Royal Ontario Museum.) She gets motion sickness if she eats and then gets in a vehicle, so she prefers to eat at school.  If he had succeeded in his plan the school would have exploded with Galadriel in or near the cafeteria.  She realized she could have been deliberately killed.


Thank the guardian angels.
Thank GOD
Pray for Galadriel and her friends
Pray for him.

1 comment:

mary333 said...

I'm speechless. That is very, very frightening. I have been praying for you and your daughter - I knew it had to be something very serious to upset you both so much. It didn't cross my mind that someone would try to blow up her school - that's just sickening.

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.