Monday, May 14, 2012

On Same Sex Marriage

I went to university and I became friends with people in fine arts.  And sure enough I came in contact with a fair number of persons with SSA.  My closest friend who was gay, who died over a decade ago, actually I can't believe it's been over 2 decades, of AIDS, was dead set against gays marrying.  He said these things at different times in the four years that I knew him.

~The gay lifestyle stands against the norm, therefore, by definition, it is NOT normal.
~Getting married isn't gay.
~Getting married is for straight people
~The whole thing about being gay IS the freedom to not be married.
~Getting married runs contrary to the "gay" concept."

I can't defend his position and he is not here to defend his position.  But I put it out there for you guys to ponder.


Discuss amongst yourselves. I need to see a man about a cat.




UPDATE:  Someone with the handle CITY place a comment: Nice posting... thanks for sharing.  


I have edited the post. I deleted statements that I felt may have remembered incorrectly. And have adjusted some others as I remember specific statements.  This is the only and last editing.  


I will not engage in any comment transactions on this post.  Therefore I have now closed comments for this post.  


Backlinking has been disabled for the same reason.  

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.