Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I've been debating

With myself.  I am a stay at home mom.  I take care of my son, and my mother , and later in the day, the girls, and I'd say I take care of Bear, but to be totally honest he takes more care of me.  The feminist in me, and as I've said in other posts, I am a 95 percenter feminist, cringes when I admit that.  But truth is not determined by feminist theory.

Anyhoo.  For most of the day, I am busy, but there are about 4 hours a day when I could do something.  Preferably I would like do something that would earn me some money.  I was surfing for ideas, and after looking at paid survey sites.   I came across blogging for pay. I thought about that: I mean I blog, and I do know stuff.  Weird Stuff, Off the Radar Stuff. Come to the realization that life is stranger than fiction stuff, but I know some stuff.  Heck I even have a blog where I offer suggestions on Music for the Liturgy. Okay I have not written much on that one.On this blog I have pages on the GIRM analysis- more of translations and side by side comparisons but hey it's an analysis of sorts.

I wonder if I worked for About.com if I'd be any good.  I'd have to be more disciplined and put time aside to research and blog, but I think I could put the time into it.  I am wondering you if I would be any good at it?

I will leave it up to God.  If He agrees that this would be a good way to help support the family then hopefully I will be accepted at about.com and if not then I'll be turned down.  I can't see any other way than to throw my hat over the fence and go for it.

Oh let me add

2 comments:

mary333 said...

Definitely worth a shot. When I need unusual information I try you first. I usually get a good answer too.


Errrr...sorry about the Puffleberry thing :) I didn't know your favorite food. I knew some of the others faves though. Dumb post anyway but I didn't have anything else to do and it WAS true (except for the names). Besides, it made me giggle and I was having a bad day :) I may even do it again but shorten it and tone it down a bit.

Puff the Magic Dragon said...

You mean there are such things as puffleberries?? Who'dda thunk it!

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.