Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Easter is on it's way- And My life is going to hell in a handbasket

And with that comes the hassle of planning the whys and wherefores of where we are spending the requisite feast days.

We spent Christmas day with Bear's people.  So Easter Sunday will naturally be with my people.  That's just grand.

First there is the whole Holy Thursday Mass of the Lord's Supper.  (Which parent goes with the girls and which stays home with Frodo.)  There is no way Frodo will be able to be quiet for that mass which is scheduled to be right during his daily fussy time.   Though whoever stays home with Frodo, will then go to Eucharistic Adoration. ( Could you not stay awake one hour with Me?")  I think I'll take the Adoration.  Why should Bear get all the fun?

Good Friday, well, is a little better.  Service being at 3:00 is right about Frodo's nap time so we might get lucky and have him sleep during the service.

As much as I would love to go to Easter Vigil, I don't think it'll be a go this year.  Though, I could attend Easter Vigil, and then stay home with Frodo in the morning while Bear and the girls go. But I was mugged when I was 16 and I am highly uncomfortable travelling after dark(late) anywhere, but where we live, there have been a couple of sexual assaults... so ah , no. so I doubt that that will even be doable.

Then there is the whole, where to have meals.  My dm, MIL, sis et family, SIL, BIL, etc etc nephews and nieces all have to be visited.  Oh and Bear is working Easter Monday. Oh joy.

To make this even more sweet, I am livid with my sister.  She's always been a pain, but lately her insensitivity is really offensive. But if I broach the subject now, I will blast her and probably say stuff I'll regret.  So I need to calm down, and yet I know, that once I've calmed down, I will decide it's not worth the expenditure of air to talk to her.- She won't change. and forgive me but she isn't worth it.  And I'll be spending Easter Sunday with her- and I really don't want to!

If Easter Sunday is supposed to be such a wonderful day of rejoicing, why will I be doing penance?

I just want to cry.!

No comments:

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.