Tuesday, December 6, 2011

...not necessarily feminists ready to march on the streets to shout we are against men, just students intent on leading a normal life.



This is a trailer for the movie dramatisation of the events, "Polytechnique.".

If you know, you need no explanation, and if you don't know, there is no explanation

When this event occurred I was a 2nd year undergrad at York University(all of 18).  The day after the horrendous event occurred; the morning after I spent an entire night not sleeping and literally shaking at what had happened in Montreal to 14 women, for no other reason, but because they were women; as I was walking to my pub for my morning coffee, I passed a trio of men, in lettermen jackets (jocks), talking, and as I passed I heard one of them say: "Man, [he] had the right idea. " And then they broke out into a roaring laugh. I caught the eye of one of the men as I passed.  He quickly stopped laughing, raises his chin to his friends and tilted his head towards me.  The other two turned, saw me and promptly stopped laughing. I wasn't angry with them, I was scared of them.

I won't presume to guess what was going on in their heads. I have no idea what was so funny about what the killer did, or maybe it is hilarious that 14 women died, and another 14 people (4 of them men) were wounded.  Sarto Blais, one of the men who obeyed the gunman when he said "get out," committed suicide a few weeks later, because of the guilt he felt at not staying and protecting the women.

I was too shaken to ask them then, but could someone tell me now, what was so funny to these young men?

No comments:

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.