Thursday, September 8, 2011

Back To School Prayer for Students

Father of all mercies
We ask that you would bless
the youngest and littlest of learners,
the most helpless and powerless of persons,
with Your infinite and loving mercy,
granting them the strength to learn, concentrate,
and act appropriately towards their teachers and fellow students.
We also ask that You would watch over them,
at home and at school
and grant them proper direction so that they may learn
of Your wonderful virtues.
We ask this in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen

~ by David Bennett

I assume the above prayer could be adapted if the prayer is offered not for the youngest and littlest of learners, but for the elder and bigger of learners as well as the eldest and the biggest of learners, depending on whether the learner is in Primary, Elementary, Secondary or Post Secondary or even Post Graduate Students.

And any student who finds any or all subjects difficult will be most helpless and powerless in those subjects so, all in all, its a good prayer for all students.

Indulgenced Prayer for Students
Under thy patronage, dear Mother, and calling on the mystery of thine Immaculate Conception, I desire to pursue my studies and my literary labors: I hereby solemnly declare that I am giving myself to these studies chiefly to the following end: that I may the better contribute to the glory of God and to the promotion of thy veneration among men. I pray thee, therefore, most loving Mother, who art the Seat of Wisdom, to bless my labors in thy loving-kindness. Moreover I promise with true affection and a willing spirit, as it is right that I should do, to ascribe all the good that shall come to me therefrom, wholly to thine intercession for me in God's holy presence. Amen.
An indulgence of 300 days once a day
.

Although it isn't mentioned I will again assume that the indulgence is granted under the normal circumstances.

Prayer for Teachers
O Lord,
Grant me your strength, so I will have courage in every situation;
Grant me your love, so I will never give up on anybody;
Grant me your wisdom, so I will show others the path to success;
Grant me your mercy, so I will forgive those who have hurt me;
Grant me your peace, so I will find the best in everybody;
Grant me your hope, so I will never give up;
Grant me your joy, so I will be thankful for all my blessings;
And Grant me your grace, so you will always be at my side. Amen

No comments:

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.