Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My nephew in Uganda

Your continued prayers for my nephew vounteering in Uganda is appreciated.

He calls almost every day, and tells his mother, my sister some of what is happening.

He shared photos of his school and his family with his hosts. No pictures of the house or anything, but some of the school.

Anyways, he was offered a bride price of one(1) goat for his sister's hand in marriage.

My nephew, diplomaticallydeclined the goat and sidestepped the offer by saying that he could not negotiate for his sister: he/they would have to speak to their father (my BIL). Apparently that was the right answer. The marriage negotiations came to an end.

Culture shock is an understatement

3 comments:

Dim Bulb said...

Hmmm. I must figure out a way to get myself and the sisquatch to Uganda.

Puff the Magic Dragon said...

I should point out that in Ugandan culture. That means she would get treated no better than the goat.

Dim Bulb said...

But she'd be out of the house

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.