Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Institution of Marriage

A phone surveyor called and asked if I would be interested in answering a few questions about fidelity in marriage.

Now, some people dismiss phone surveyors out of hand; some people do each and every one of them, because you can get "rewards" for participating.  I am one of some people who decides on whether or not to participate based on
1: Do I have the time at that moment to do it? 
~~And since Frodo had just settled for his nap and Galadriel had finished her chores and was back in the basement TV room, and Arwen was out riding her bike trying to find out which of her "friends" had taken her scooter without asking and hadn't returned it yet.  (She bought it with her allowance money, which she saved up for months) - I had the time

2: Is the subject of the survey interesting? The subject was not interesting perse`, more not totally sucky.

So I said,"Sure, but if the baby wakes up the interview is over- got it."

Yes Ma'am (Such a nice man, polite too)

First Question: Have you ever had an affair?

No

I can hear him flipping pages

Second Question: Why not?

I'm 45 years old, I have a sixteen year old, moody, teenage daughter who is constantly stretching her wings.
I have an eightyear old who thinks her teachers are idiots and her principal is a moron, and wants me to homeschool her.  And a 14 month old son who has discovered walking and that everywhere is better than where he is right now.  4 nights a week,  I am caring for my mother as well as taking her to the GP every other week. I have bad knees, bad shoulders, bad lower back, and a coccyx that starts to hurt if I sit too long. I am 30 lbs over weight and and my hair has more salt than pepper.

I don't understand your answer.

What man in his right mind would want to carry on a relationship with all that?

O, .....  I still don't understand.

Okay, Do this, go back to the top of your questionnaire and tick off [declined survey]

Okay. Thank you and good day.

Bye

What man does want to carry on a relationship will all my baggage? - Bear!  But he is not in his right mind, and he wears strong glasses.

The Sacrament of Marriage imparts grace and strength and holiness, it also makes us extremely blind to our spouses' decreptitudes. 

No comments:

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.