Thursday, July 21, 2011

Phone conversation with my sister

Sis: Hey, how's it going?

Me: It's hot, I'm hot. You sound sad, Your AC out?

Sis: No, spent practically the whole night at the hospital?

Me:  (I noticed she said "at the hospital" not "in the hospital," but as she had had surgery a measly fortnight ago, I ask) Why?

Sis: [MyBIL] had to get 23 stitches in his hand.

Me: Why?

Sis: He tried to stop a rotating motor or something"

Me:  Oh Dear. (Thinking he must have lost fingers)  I hope he still has fingers and....

Sis:  Yeah, it's just the skin that got lacerated.

Me: I guess, he's home for a bit.

Sis: No he went to work (he's in heating and air conditioning)

Me:  (flabbergasted) Well I guess I'll just have to hope and pray that the stitches don't get infected.

Sis: Yeah.... I got to go.  I need to get some sleep. Bye

Me: Yup, bye

My BIL is a great guy, but apparently umm, impatient.  I mean couldn't he just wait the ten seconds for the motor to slow down and stop on its own.

4 comments:

Dim Bulb said...

Some neighbors were having work done on their house and I saw the carpenter press his fingers against the side of his circular saw blade to make it stop faster. After seeing him do this several times I asked him why. He just shrugged.

Puff the Magic Dragon said...

Familiarity breeds contempt!?

mary333 said...

Puff,
You and Bear both have strange phone conversations with family members. It must be something in the air up there.

Puff the Magic Dragon said...

yup

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.