Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Trip Jar is almost Full

We set up a trip jar, originally it was called the Montreal Jar.  I for a few years wanted to go to Montreal.  But we never had the money, it seemed.  So Bear instituted the Montreal Jar.  Any spare change found around the house, Language money ( money owed when foul language was used),  coins found in the pockets of laundry. Money in the seat cushions , you get the idea.  All went into the Montreal Jar.  It took just under a year, bu we managed to save about $1000.00.  We took it and visited my aunt in Montreal and took in some churches.

There was some good money left over so having the leftover as seed we said we'd continue saving, this time Bear would choose where we would go. The jar was renamed the Trip Jar, but we still called it the Montreal Jar.  He wanted Ottawa. But the only time we could take off, once you factored in everyone's schooling, and exams, and blackout dates for he who works outside the home, and the Canada weekend plus 3 days prior is all we could get.  And being our nation's day, we thought of Ottawa, our Nation's Capital, except apparently the Waleses are also coming and there isn't an available room in all of G-Town.

So Bear, is thinking of some place else.  -  There are more churches in Montreal he'd like to see, and this time take me, since Frodo is not so tied to me, and can actually travel quite well.

2 comments:

The Ranter said...

That sounds like a blast! We save our coins too, but not for trips. Usually just to go have fun - I guess like a day trip.

And I appreciate your comment over at my place. Sometimes it's enough to know you're not alone, you know what I mean?

Puff the Magic Dragon said...

Yes, yes I do.

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.