Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I love this meme. I so wish it were true

This is based on an actual radio conversation between a U.S. Navy
Aircraft carrier (U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln) and Canadian authorities
off the coast of Newfoundland in October, 1995. (The radio
conversation was released by the Chief of Naval Operations on
10/10/95 authorized by the Freedom of Information Act.)

Canadians: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South to
avoid collision.

Americans: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the
North to avoid a collision.

Canadians: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15
degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again,
divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No, I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND
LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES' ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE
ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS
SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES
NORTH--I SAY AGAIN, THAT'S ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH--OR
COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.
The US NAVY has actually gone and denied this story. But really, wouldn't you expect them to deny deny deny. And they never actually denied it happened to the USS Abaraham Lincoln.

Question what are that many USNavy warships doing in Canadian waters? Huh

6 comments:

Mary333 said...

Puff,
Are you watching the hockey games?

Sorry, I couldn't resist a little joke. The battle for the Cup kept coming to mind when I read this :)

Puff the Magic Dragon said...

I went to the store, and got a paper, apprently there is to be a game 7.

I would like to watch game 7, I did not wath games 1-6.

But I am a jinx. I have never watched "my team" win. Not in World Cup Soccer, not in Olympic Hockey, or any sport, never. If I watch the game my team loses. And anytime my team has won I was unable to watch the game.

MY team is the LEAFS, always has been always will. See what I mean?

Now for this series, my loyalities could be drawn along nationalistic lines in which case, my team would be the Canucks. Or loyalties could be drawn along geographic lines, in which case my team would be the Bruins. And since and since neither team is my Leafs, my jinx would probably so confused it would most likely be harmless, and have no affect on the outcome.

After all that..
No, I am not nor will I be watching the battle for Lord Stanley's Punch Bowl

Mary333 said...

Funny!

ignorant redneck said...

If it's not true, it ought to be!

We have navigation rights on the St. Lawrence seaway and adjacent waters to access US waters in the Great Lakes.

I was sailing a small boat--realy small--in St Andrews bay,Florida, when a US naval vessel entered the bay. Imagine my surprise when i realized i was being tracked by the 76mm OTO malera close in autmatic cannon--as a potential threat!

Puff the Magic Dragon said...

The Quirpon and Bell Island Lighthouses are on the Atlantic Ocean side of NL not the St. Lawrence Seaway side.

That would leave Cap Anguille and Lobster COve. My guess then would be Lobster COve. in Rocky Harbour NL

Bear-i-tone said...

Question what are that many USNavy warships doing in Canadian waters? Huh

Hun, What ever they darn well please.

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.