Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Galadriel's 16th Birthday, and Frodo's First Birthday

Galadriel and Frodo are 15 years and 12 days apart.

And Bear's family and my family, let's just say that it is better to have separate gettogethers.

So, that has resulted in the planning of 3 parties.

One on Galadriel's proper day ( Bear's family was over.) - Dinner was Roast of Prime Rib, Sauteed Peas, Fresh Garden Salad, Mashed Potatoes, and Croissants, cucumber in vinaigrette. Fresh carrots and celery, for the dieters at the meal. Dessert was 2 layer double chocolate cake, Galadriel's fave.

One on the Saturday between the BDs to which my family will be invited (it will be a joint celebration)
Probably similar, except BBQ steaks, and garlic Bread instead of the Croissants, and  roasted potatoes instead of mashed. 2 single layer cakes, One double chocolate and one golden with White icing.
And one on the Sunday after Frodo's BD for Bear's family.
Now I have to change the menu significantly for the second dinner for Frodo.  Keeping in mind I need something I can make set to cook and forget, or something Bear can do the most for.

Let me assure you, that this is 1000 times easier than getting both families in my home at one time.

Any ideas let me know
Bear's brother is particular - he's a meat and potatoes sort of guy, and has actually said, he wouldn't mind the prime rib again, but we'd nedd a ten lb roast

6 comments:

Dim Bulb said...

I'd make a salad and tell the guests that "the dogs and burgers are in the fridge, the rolls and buns are on the table next to the canned veggies, the grill is out back, you people are on your own. Enjoy!"

"Oh! and those of you who are gifting Frodo with a toy noisier than a sponge can leave now."

Puff the Magic Dragon said...

Can't. stop. laughing.

Dim Bulb said...

Someone bought my nephews sponges for Christmas as a joke and they loved them, ignoring all their toys. As an uncle I found it funny. As the "go to" babysitter I found it heaven sent.

Puff the Magic Dragon said...

Actually, I love it when infants and toddlers get really expensive noisy gifts, and all they want to do is play with the box it came in.

Mastercard is right: Priceless.

Oh and as for the really noisy gifts, we ask grammie to take them so that Frodo has something to play with when we are over there.

It's mean, but she takes them before she realizes exactly what she's taken.

ignorant redneck said...

For the dinner--might I suggest the Crock pot, any meat, and a sharp,rosemary andvinigar base seasoning?

It always works.

BTW-the Queen of the House and her Royal Cohorts swear by little sausages crock-potted with BBG sauce, just sayin'...

Puff the Magic Dragon said...

I'll save the crock pot for another day. I like to try new recipes before attempting them for guests. Nothing worse than being unsure how to "work" a recipe and fudging everything up.

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.