Saturday, April 23, 2011

This Blog Needs a New Name

I took over this abandoned blog. And there is nothing I can do about the URL.  It is fine I'll keep it.  But somehow New Toronto Catholic Blog doesn't sound quite right.  considering that there is a quarter in TO known as New Toronto, and I don't live there.  Also I am a cradle Catholic, born and raised in Toronto.  So I am neither a new Catholic, or newly in Toronto, and the URL isn't new either, it's used - so for all these and so distance myself from the previous owner, and lessen any chance that people might htink this is an official blog from the Archidiocese, I want to change it.

But I don't have anny clue what to name it.
I am not an apologist for the faith.  I am not a perfect Catholic, and I can get very pissed off.  I actually hate ranting, but that doesn't mean I don't rant at all. 

I really have no idea about what to name this blog.

Maybe a play on HR Puff 'n Stuff,  like  - RC Puff's Stuff

Any suggestions would, at least be considered.



2 comments:
Vox Cantoris said...
According to Canon Law, no apostolic endeavour or association shall bear the name “Catholic” without the express permission of competent ecclesiastical authority (Canons 216, 300, 803§3, 808). While this norm is not always known or followed, it is meant to protect the faithful against misrepresentation by groups that do not promote the true Faith. Any association bearing the term “Catholic” in its name should have proof of consent by competent ecclesiastical authority.
Can. 216 Since they participate in the mission of the Church, all the Christian faithful have the right to promote or sustain apostolic action even by their own undertakings, according to their own state and condition. Nevertheless, no undertaking is to claim the name Catholic without the consent of competent ecclesiastical authority.
Can. 300 No association is to assume the name Catholic without the consent of competent ecclesiastical authority according to the norm of can. 312.

April 23, 2011 5:39 AM
Puff the Magic Dragon said...
Thanks for the info. I honestly didn't know. Learn something new every day. As you can tell by the post I was thinking of changing it name completely. Now I will most definately. Since it's my stuff and my handle is Puff. I think I will go with "Puff's Blog about Stuff"

Query does that mean I need to find a brand new URL or can I keep the the URL?

Actually, never mind, I am going to just delete every post from this blog, move it to another URL, and only leave one post explaining the move with a link. After all, oh, 5 of my faithful followers have found me and have acknowledged that I have moved, I will then close the blog again.

April 23, 2011 11:29 AM

No comments:

Scripture to keep in mind

Six things there are, which the Lord hateth, and the seventh his soul detesteth: [17] Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, [18] A heart that deviseth wicked plots, feet that are swift to run into mischief, [19]A deceitful witness that uttereth lies, and him that soweth discord among brethren. [20] My son, keep the commandments of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother. ***Cf:Douay-Rheims Proverbs 6: 16-20

DISCLAIMER

I declare that I have no intent to acknowledge, distribute or encourage anything contrary to Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and the Apostolic See. I submit myself and all the contents of this blog to the judgment of the Church.